Saturday 27 April 2013

clarity challenge top 5

I have been doing all sorts of crafting for along time, always supported by my lovely husband (of 27 years) and my son and daughter, who always give me their input on my efforts. My first craft was knitting and embroidery, taught by my mum, but they are quite slow going so I moved onto dressmaking. I think my biggest achievement was making my wedding dress. Watercolour painting is something else I tried but the pictures never looked quite right. From there I went on to porcelain doll making which I really enjoyed. I like the fact that there are so many skills and techniques to learn just to make one doll, but I could also use the skills I had already learnt. Unfortunately it is an expensive hobby and when the children came along I had to stop. I still have the kiln in the garden shed so who knows, I could always get back into it again! My introduction to paper crafts was on tv when Create and Craft first came on. I bought a few things for my daughter to play with and ended hooked myself. Like doll making it satisfies the need for different techniques, but a bit cheaper. Along with my card making and altered art projects I make novelty birthday cakes on demand from family and friends. I have also taught card making classes at my local craft shop which was really enjoyable and I loved every second. This made me think a blog would be good, just to be able to share with other crafter's what I've been doing. I'm still getting to grips with it, as I'm not really good with computers, but I can see how it can become addictive. So if anyone is interested pop along to sallynewickcrafts.blogspot.co.uk and tell me what you think, I love getting feedback on the designs I come up with! I joined The New Design Club in February, it was a birthday present, and the challenge was the first I have entered. I was so surprised to be picked as one of the top 5 as the standard of the other entries was very high. I think the Clarity Stamps are the best you always get a perfect impression and you can do just about anything with them.Looking forward to the next challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.