Tuesday 7 May 2013

Indigoblu flowers challenge



Hi crafter's

I think I'm getting addicted to entering challenges! The card above is going to be entered into the Indigoblu challenge and its all about  flowers. I have used Wild Meadow 1 and the free butterfly stamp that was on the Crafter Stamper magazine. I have used (again) some of my favourite colours, Adirondacks stonewashed and purple twilight. The meadow flowers stamp is inked up using versafine onyx black and stamped at the bottom of the card. The flourish stamp on the plate is really useful, I used just the edge inked up with versamark. Stamp around all four sides and heat emboss with white detail powder. This will create a resist when I colour the background. I have just bought some of the Ink Dusters from Inkylicious, I'm glad I did! They are so easy to hold and use and the result is great. I don't know about you but it was sometimes hard to keep hold of the cut'n'dry foam and the results were not always good. Anyway back to the card. I wanted the card to be more or less one layer so I used a nestabilities to make the frame for the sentiment. Using purple twilight  ink and Ink Dusters I stippled the ink whilst holding the die in place. The background was then coloured with both Adirondacks. If you use a sweeping action with the brush the colours blend really easily. After the background is done wipe over the white embossing with a soft tissue to remove any ink and bring it back to white again.Ink up the sentiment with versafine and stamp in the frame, add dots with a fine nibbed pen around the frame to make it stand out more. Stamp two of the butterflies with versamark and emboss with white powder. Colour in with inks and brushes as before, shape the wings and use dimensional glue to attach to the card. Run the purple ink pad around the edge of the card and stick on to a white base card to finish.

I do hope you like this card, let me know what you think. That's all this time. 

Thanks for looking, happy crafting.

Sally


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sally, love the colour combo. the delicate flourish around the edge looks so pretty and really frames the rest of the card perfectly. Thanks for joining in with the Indigo Blu Forever 21 challenege .........Good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm glad you liked it.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.