Monday 17 June 2013

Father's day



Hi crafter's

The two cards above were made for my husband for father's day. I don't know about you, but when I make more than one card for the same person I like them to be totally different. For the first card I wanted to go quite clean and modern. I used a variety of stamps.The background was a harlequin stamp from Crafty Individuals. This was very simply stamped onto white card in spiced marmalade distress inks in first and second generation stamping. The colour is more intense in the middle and faded at the edges. The car is an Indigoblu stamp, this was inked up with Versafine in black then stamped over the darker orange. The line, crown and sentiment are Clarity stamps. The lines above the car are from Paper Smooches and this stamp was inked up once then stamped three times, therefore making them lighter. I then used a promarker in black around the edges. The next layer was coloured with the spiced marmalade ink and edged with the promarker. To finish everything was mat and layered on to a white base card.
My second card was made using some scene building stamps from Inkylicious called Seascape memories and Windswept. I started by laying down some colour for the sand, I used sandal and latte adirondacks. In the stamp set there are stamps to create the dunes, so I used these and the lightest colour. I tore a piece of copier paper in a slightly crooked line and covered the top half of the card. Then using my ink dusters I started to build up the colour of the sand creating light and shade. The next thing to do was stamp the lighthouse, I masked the sand  then stamped it in latte. It looks like it's behind a sand dune. To do the sky I first punched a mask for the moon and masked the sand. Then using ink dusters and distress inks in tumbled glass, denim and peacock feathers the colour is brushed on sweeping from side to side. I varied the colours so the sky doesn't look one shade. After taking the mask off I brushed a little colour over the moon to soften. Going back to the sand and creating the fence. The stamps to do this are in the stamp set so is really easy to achieve. I used a darker ink for the fence, Versafine in sepia. There are different grasses and these I stamped down the bottom in latte, also stamping the windswept stamp first in latte then over stamping in sepia. When doing shading I sometimes use colouring pencils, especially if  I want fine detail. This is how I shaded in the bottom of the fence and the lighthouse. Lastly stamp the sentiment and the birds. The people are very easy to do. I saw this trick on a painting programme by Frank Clarke, he is a watercolour painter, many years ago. All you do is draw a carrot shape and colour it in then put a little ball on top, that's it! easy! I added the word Dad at the bottom and rounded the corners. To finish this was mounted on to a white base  card and faux brads attached.

That's all for now, thanks for looking.

Happy crafting

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.