Wednesday 26 June 2013

Seahorses


Hi crafter's

I have made this card for the Crafty Individuals challenge sea, sun and beach. I love this little seahorse stamp so decided this is what the whole design would be about. This card is very easy to do. I have used a 6'x6' white base card which I splatted some mica inks randomly in the centre. Then whilst still wet blew through a straw to make trails. This is supposed to represent seaweed so I used blue, sea green and yellow inks. I then stamped the seahorse in black Versafine, then coloured in with Sakura stardust pens. The bubbles stamp was just one I had in my stash. To add interest to the background I blended some denim adirondack ink in the centre and used a small lid to stamp the circles. I stamped the word sea shells then inked up the shell stamp in peacock feathers and denim, cut them out and blended the ink around the edge with a water brush. I glued one under the words and the other over hanging the edge, cutting off the excess.
That's all for this card, hope you like it.

Happy crafting

Sally

4 comments:

  1. I love the BG and the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very original card! Nice colours and great work!!!bizz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great original idea - lovely seasidey colours and splash effect. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge for June. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this, so beautiful and arty! Suz x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.