Sunday 14 July 2013

Pink Lily



Hi crafter's

It's been a while since my last post so I thought I would share with you the card I have made for my mother-in-laws birthday. Just recently my seahorses card was picked as a winner in the Crafty Individuals challenge, I was really surprised and very pleased .My prize was to pick a stamp, a difficult thing to do but I chose the Lily background which I have used in this card. The first thing I did was to stamp a fan, and a selection of perfume bottles from stamp set CI-335 on to white card with Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder. Then coloured the whole thing with adirondack Cranberry and Butterscotch inks. Now heat an iron, not too hot and no steam. Protect your surface with a few pieces of copier paper and put a piece of paper over the card, then iron over the top. The embossing powder will melt, lift the paper and if any embossing is left repeat but use a clean piece of paper. This is called faux batik and gives a lovely effect. To finish I ran a black alcohol marker around the edge. Taking the lily background I stamped this with Cranberry ink then blended with a water brush. I also coloured in the centre of the lilies with a yellow pencil. As before I blended the inks to colour the background and went round the edge with the marker. Next I stamped the cameo from the stamp set and embossed with black powder, then coloured in with promarkers and blended around the edge. To finish I die cut a tag and stamped a perfume bottle. I had a few paper flowers in my stash so I coloured these to match and added pearls. Everything was layered up as seen in the picture. Hope you like the card and will try the faux batik technique yourselves.

That's all, thanks for looking any comments welcome.

Sally


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.