Saturday 17 August 2013

Oh christmas tree



Hi crafter's

I am going to enter this card into the Indigoblu challenge, the subject is christmas in July. The background panel was made using a plain piece of white card, which was first painted with silver metallic acrylic paint. When it is dry I used some alcohol inks, stonewashed, stream and raspberry. Dot all the colours on to a blending felt with a little blending solution then dab the ink all over the silver paint. When I had achieved the colour I wanted I embossed it with an embossing folder, then glued this on to my base card. The topper is quite easy, firstly I stamped the Ickle christmas tree with denim distress ink, then coloured the baubles in pink sakura Gelly Roll pen. Underneath the tree I used a music score mask by That Special Touch and denim ink then wrote oh christmas tree by hand. Using a pair of scissors I roughed up the edges then blended ink all over leaving it lighter near the tree. Attach the topper to the card, then to finish use some glitter glue to highlight the snow. That's all for now.

Happy crafting

Sally

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Sally - The background effect is amazing. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty ..... love the background. Thanks for joining in with the Forever 21 Challenge ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.