Tuesday 20 August 2013

Peace and tranquility



Hi crafter's

Time for another challenge, this time Crafty Individuals. The challenge is an open challenge so anything goes, which took a surprising amount of thought about what to do. I have chosen to use the Abbeys and Arches stamp set because as a family we like to look around historical buildings. Apply ink, in this case peach bellini, straight on to your acrylic block I didn't cover it all just the size I wanted. Don't worry if the edges are not perfectly straight. Before stamping huff on the ink then stamp on to a piece of white card, the result will not be perfect. Ink up one of the images from the Abbeys and Arches in Coffee Archival and stamp on the bottom half of your inked square. Next ink up a flourish stamp, mask off the edge of the inked square then using second generation ink stamp the flourish as shown. Repeat this on the other side. Ink up the sentiment and stamp at the bottom. At the top I stamped the word Peace this is a Rubbadubbadoo stamp which I thought fitted the theme. To soften the design I blended some Paper Soft-Color by Viva in Rose. I put this over the peach bellini then off the edges and around the flourishes. In the windows of the Abbey I used a Sakura Souffle pen in white to look like light coming through, also put some white dots around the flourishes. To add a bit more shadow to the walls I used a brown pencil, I shaded in along the top edge of the stamp as well to darken the sky. I stamped a little design element and glued this next to the word peace. Mat the design on to brown and pink card then on to the white base card. 
That's all this time, hope you like it.

Happy crafting

Sally


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Sally - very peaceful and tranquil - just exactly the feeling I would have hoped for in this image. Lovely to read the way you did it too. Thank you for joining in our Challenge, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean I'm glad you liked it, the image reminded me of a visit to Bayham Abbey in Kent.

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.