Thursday 29 August 2013

Reach for the stars



Hi crafter's

I made this card  two weeks ago for my sons birthday. He likes space so I used the same technique as the rowing boat in a previous post. I thought it would look like a nebula. As before I took a piece of white card, then coloured it with promarkers. I used light and dark blue, yellow and pink. Fill a pipette with isopropyl and put droplets over the card. This leaves the effect you can see above. The stamps I used for this card are a Retro space set from Banana Frog and a set that looks like fireworks. Stamp the fireworks randomly over the background using different sizes. The topper is very simple, stamp one of the retro spaceships near the bottom of a die cut shape then stamp the planet in second generation ink. I did this with an Impress dye ink in ultramarine. Now stamp the stars also in second generation ink. Right at the top stamp 'reach for the stars' in first generation ink. Blend blue ink around the edge then go over with Inka Gold in platinum, to finish draw dots around the edge. Stamp the words 'you are out of this world' on a piece of card I used a small swirly stamp I had in another stamp set to add interest to the background. Round the corners and rub Inka Gold and add dots to finish. Round the corners of the background then stamp the words from the retro set. Glue the background on to a white base card, then put the topper in place. Attach the word topper with foam pads. I then added my sons name. I was really pleased with the look of the card, I think the background worked out well. That's all for now, any comments welcome.

Happy crafting

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.