Friday 30 August 2013

There are always flowers



Hi crafter's

Another card made using the JOFY set of stamps I bought. So many combinations! I haven't used all the stamps yet. For this card I started with the topper, first stamp the flowers then the words. I coloured the flowers with some Prismacolor pencils in violet and mulberry and the little circles in pink, you could use Coloursoft pencils instead. To blend the colours together I used Sansador, which is a mineral oil, and a paper stump. Work in little circular movements, I start from the darkest colour and work my way over to the lighter colour. If I want it really light I use the Sansador to move the colour. Using this method really gives a lovely finish. Take a green pencil, I used true green, and draw over the stems. Draw some lines around the words in the same style as the flower stems adding the zigzag lines. Colour over the lines with the green pencil. To finish the topper I took a piece of car sponge, the open texture will give a less blended look. Pick up some wild plum adirondack ink on the sponge and with a sweeping motion colour from the outside in. Add some white to the flowers to highlight. The background was made using the long stamp with diagonal lines on it. I started with a white piece of card and began by stamping repeatedly diagonally across the card in wild plum and raspberry. Taking a green fine line pen I added some dots. then as with the box around the words draw two lines and the zigzags. To assemble the card mat the topper on to some green card. Stick the background on to a white base card then put the topper in place. That's all for now hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by

Happy crafting
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.