Wednesday 18 September 2013

Shabby chic canvas



Hi crafter's

I have just finished my entry for the Indigoblu challenge which is titled shabby chic. I decided to make a mini canvas. I started with an 18"x 13" canvas board which I covered with a layer of white gesso. When this was dry I dabbed on some acrylic paint in cream, sage green and a pearl acrylic in lilac. This was done randomly with a piece of car sponge. Leave to dry. To make the topper I first cut out two different sized Spellbinders dies. The largest one I coloured with the cream and sage paints using the car sponge to dab it on. I used the die as a template by holding it down on to the canvas when applying the paint. A pattern was left behind. I made the edge cream so it would stand out from the background. I stamped the Elizabeth Bennett stamp (free from Craft Stamper magazine) on to the smaller die cut over to one side, then coloured with pencils and blended Milled Lavender distress ink around the edge. Now glue this to the larger die cut. To add more interest to the canvas board I used a variety of different stamps, the flourish from Wild Meadow, dinky Anenome Corner and the lady on the bike from Grand Tour 1. These were all stamped with London Grey Memento ink. I coloured the anenome corner in with a deep pink pencil. Die cut a buckle (I used Memory Box) and thread some cream lace through. Glue down a piece of white lace across the board, then glue the cream lace over the top leaving some white showing. Now adhere the Elizabeth Bennett topper to the canvas. Stamp the anenome corner twice with grey ink on to some scrap card and colour in. Cut out. Stamp Elizabeth Bennett on to some scrap card  focusing on the butterfly on her shoulder. Colour in with pencils. In my stash I had a very small metal frame charm  so I cut the butterfly to fit then used glossy accents to glaze. Leave to dry, try not to touch ( I'm not very good at that!). Next I die cut a flourish and a key and coloured  them with inks then swiped Brilliance ink in gold over the key. Glue these down with Pinflair. Shape the anenomes and attach as shown. Thread a piece of cream ribbon on to the charm then attach with dimensional glue. To finish rub some gold ink around the edge of the canvas.
That's about all for this time, thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting

Sally

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Sally, beautiful colour combo. thanks for joining in with the Forever 21 challenge ...... good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.