Wednesday 30 October 2013

October colours



Hi crafter's

This is my entry for the Crafty Individuals challenge which is called October. My card, I hope, reflects all the colours we see at this time of year. I started with the background, take a piece of white card which is larger than I need so I can choose the area I want to use. I have used a small floral tile to create a big tile. Stamp the tile on the diagonal using adirondack inks. I used caramel, red pepper and bottle as well as brown archival. Some of the stamping, especially near the edge, was second generation. Cut to size. Cover the tile with Versamark ink and clear embossing powder, heat emboss. Attach to a 6" x 6" white base card. Ink up the tree stamp in brown ink on to a small square piece of card, blend some red ink over to take away the whiteness. Glue on top of the tile a little to one side. On a separate piece of card stamp the leaves, I have used some Sheena stamps for this, and the bird. Colour in with pencils. I also stamped over the top with the Crafty Individuals crackle stamp. Cut out the leaves, acorns and bird. Using dimensional glue stick the leaves and acorns to the side and the bird sits on the trees frame. Stamp the 'Be like the bird' quote down the bottom of the base card. Draw a line from the quote all around the edge with a brown fine liner pen in brown. This will help to draw your eye in. That's about it this time.

Thanks for looking

Sally

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy for taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card. Such patience and care to do all those tiles. I love the little bird positioned just so. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sally - your colours for Autumn are great! Many thanks for your challenge entry, Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Autumnal feel to your card and the stencilled background is such a lovely backdrop.
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.