Thursday 25 June 2015

The Meadow




Hi crafter's

I have used one of my favourite tree stamps from the Stampscape range. I have silver birch trees at the bottom of my garden and I think they are really beautiful.
This time I have used a glossy card stock. Mask around the edges of the card to create a frame. Start by stamping and masking the Birch Trees in Archival Watering Can. Next ink up Tree Cluster Sm and stamp behind the birch trees. Stamp Rocks and Grass in the bottom right hand corner. Use Sedge Filler to build up the grass. Repeat stamp  to ground the trees and the rocks. For the fir trees in the background I used the tops from the Pines and Rocks Sm. Lay a piece of torn copier paper over the grass then stamp the tree tops. The sky was created with Cloud Space Sm. I used parts of the stamp that I wanted then used a second generation impression. Stamp the Spotted Horse and Migrating Birds.
To colour the grass I used my favourite greens Memento Pistachio, Bamboo Leaves and Northern Pine then went over with Desert Sand. The sky was coloured with Memento Summer Sky then Distress Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans with just a little Dusty Concord.
When the colouring is done take off the masking tape and draw round the edge free hand with a black pen.
This is in my ever growing pile of pictures I haven't decided what to do with yet, so no matting and layering done with this one. To add a little more detail I did use some Brilliance ink in yellow to hint at flowers in the grass and white dots with a gel pen, this does add some light to the finished picture.

Hope you like it, thanks for stopping by.

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.